- RSS Channel Showcase 8352815
- RSS Channel Showcase 6133330
- RSS Channel Showcase 6052210
- RSS Channel Showcase 5918105
Articles on this Page
- 05/07/13--16:57: _Paperless Meetings
- 05/08/13--11:57: _The Emperor Is NAKED
- 05/08/13--12:46: _Questions Someone S...
- 05/20/13--15:36: _On IO Blogs
- 05/21/13--01:30: _Two More Memorable ...
- 05/23/13--11:15: _Presiding Governor ...
- 05/24/13--17:58: _Letter to the Secre...
- 06/13/13--13:36: _Information as an E...
- 06/19/13--14:48: _Li Wu Feng of the C...
- 07/17/13--14:34: _Reminder about the ...
- 07/25/13--15:02: _Trans Regional Web ...
- 07/27/13--15:08: _The Future of Cyber...
- 07/27/13--18:05: _NORTHCOM’s TRWI Site
- 09/05/13--13:07: _The US government h...
- 09/09/13--12:57: _Body Implants & Pro...
- 10/05/13--11:36: _1 (800) 318-2596
- 11/18/13--10:52: _Social Media both G...
- 11/20/13--15:42: _A Unique Way to Inform
- 11/22/13--08:36: _.D
- 11/24/13--11:30: _Literally Lost in T...
- 05/07/13--16:57: Paperless Meetings
- 05/08/13--11:57: The Emperor Is NAKED
- 05/20/13--15:36: On IO Blogs
- 05/21/13--01:30: Two More Memorable IO Blogs
- 05/23/13--11:15: Presiding Governor Lynton Steps Down from the BBG Board
- 05/24/13--17:58: Letter to the Secretary of State about Public Diplomacy
- 06/13/13--13:36: Information as an Element of National Power
- 07/17/13--14:34: Reminder about the InfowarCon 2014 Survey
- 07/25/13--15:02: Trans Regional Web Initiative Survives Congressional Assault
- 07/27/13--15:08: The Future of Cyberwar – Better or Worse?
- 07/27/13--18:05: NORTHCOM’s TRWI Site
- 09/05/13--13:07: The US government has betrayed the internet. We need to take it back
- 09/09/13--12:57: Body Implants & Prosthetics
- 10/05/13--11:36: 1 (800) 318-2596
- 11/18/13--10:52: Social Media both Good and Bad
- 11/20/13--15:42: A Unique Way to Inform
- 11/22/13--08:36: .D
- 11/24/13--11:30: Literally Lost in Translation
I hate paper. I don’t like walking to the mailbox to pick up mail because it’s mostly junk mail. I hate my filing system, which consists of paper copies of things I cannot throw away. Eventually I’m going to scan them all in. Now to figure out how to scan in all my photographs. Today [...]
joelharding1234Paper for my notebook.
Reblogged from Krypt3ia: gedh gedh gedh gedh gedh gedh OMG THE DAM DATA! Last week a report came out on Wired about how the ACE (Army Corps of Engineers) database was hacked by China and "sensitive" dam data was taken.. By China, let that sink in for a bit as there was no real attribution data […]
http://www.lawfareblog.com/2013/05/questions-someone-should-ask-dod-about-its-report-on-chinese-cyber-operations/. Questions Someone Should Ask DOD About Its Report on Chinese Cyber-Operations By Jack Goldsmith Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM As Paul noted, a new Pentagon Report to Congress states: In 2012, numerous computer systems around the world, including those owned by the U.S. government, continued to be targeted for intrusions, some of which appear to be […]
I received a comment today to an ancient blog, asking what other blogs talk about the same subject. I wrote out a response and realized I wanted to share this with everyone. So I told the original commenter to read this blog. This blog is on Information Operations, running the gamut from general IO to […]
joelharding1234Side view of a U.S. Air Force O-2 of the 9th S...
Yesterday I published a blog piece “On IO Blogs”, here. But I messed up and forgot two very, very good blogs. I woke up at 3 am and just had to write this update. Healthy Influence Blog or Persuasion Blog. This excellent blog deals with the science of persuasion, written by Dr. Steven Booth-Butterfield. Steve’s […]
joelharding1234English: Socks the Cat (1989-2009), also known...
From a BBG Press Release: May 23, 2013 Washington, DC – Broadcasting Board of Governors leader Michael Lynton has informed the White House that he is leaving the BBG effective today. “It has been an honor to serve our country by taking part in the work of this board, which was established to oversee an […]
The Honorable John F. Kerry Secretary of State Washington DC 20520 Dear Mr. Secretary: We urge that a career foreign affairs professional be appointed as the next Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs. Such an appointment would support your efforts fully to integrate public diplomacy into U.S. foreign […]
joelharding1234Seal of the United States Department of State.
I’m in the middle of a deep dive on “Information as an Element of National Power” and I wanted to share some resources I have found from the US Army War College. These are all from the US Army War College’s website, here. Just a small side note before I let you peruse these […]
joelharding1234English: Based on the map uploaded to en.wikip...
I just came across this press release from Xinhua. Li Wu Feng (also spelled Li WuFeng) just came from being the chief official for the Chinese Internet (Director General of the State Council Information Office) and is now the Deputy Director of the Central Foreign Affairs Office, State Council Information Office . But what really caught […]
A note from Winn Schwartau: I’ve been asked by many different groups to bring back INFOWARCON, the cyberwar conference I ran starting in 1994. GFirst is sadly gone. Too many Training Congresses are all the same ol’ … Too many prepared vendor pitches Content-less stump speeches from “Official-dom” All defense… no offense. IMHO: If you […]
joelharding1234IWC Logo Small
Tom Vanden Brook, a USA Today reporter, wrote here that a bill by Rep. Jeff Denham, R-Calif failed by 238-135, after a damning and damaging GAO report. Here were the actual words in the NDAA, source: SEC. 343. LIMITATION ON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS FOR TRANS REGIONAL WEB INITIATIVE (TRWI). None of the funds authorized to […]
joelharding1234English: Official portriat of US Rep Jeff Denham
Yesterday I gave a lecture at the Washington DC campus of Bahçeşehir University, about one block from the White House. A number of undergraduate students and one PhD candidate, studying Strategic Communications, are spending a short time in Washington DC, being lectured to by various industry experts. As this campus has still not opened […]
The other day I published a piece on the Trans-Regional Web Initiative here, a concerted effort by US IO offices to reach out and establish credible, long-term, sources for information providing fair and objective information. For the most part one can look at each of these websites that I published and properly infer that the […]
The NSA has undermined a fundamental social contract. We engineers built the internet – and now we have to fix it • Bruce Schneier • theguardian.com, Thursday 5 September 2013 15.04 EDT http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/05/government-betrayed-internet-nsa-spying Government and industry have betrayed the internet, and us. By subverting the internet at every level to make it a vast, multi-layered and […]
More in our ongoing future technology series. Afghanistan and Iraq have brought about a huge increase in the advancement of prosthetics and body implants. This was actually brought about by the increased effectiveness of body armor, protecting soldiers from being killed, but at the perceived sacrifice of extremities. As late as the American Civil War, […]
I continue to have difficulty following this administration’s focus. Yes, the past two weeks in Washington DC have been quite different. Two weeks ago we had a deranged individual kill 12 people at the Navy Yard. Two days ago we had a deranged woman attempt to crash a gate at the White House, then […]
I was recently alarmed when people began piling on and attempted to eviscerate Melissa Bachman for posting pictures of her with wild animals she and clients have killed. A Facebook page, attacking her, “Stop Melissa Bachman“, was established and as of November 18, 2014, 90,531 people have “Liked” the page. A Facebook page, supporting Melissa […]
This past weekend I gave a presentation about Information Operations to a group of Strategic Planners. I really feel I shortchanged the audience, I put together the briefing in one evening. I borrowed some slides from another presentation I gave some time ago but I did not want to present the normal drivel IO speech. […]
I have a good friend, Katherine, who I do not think of as disabled, but she is blind in one eye. To me she is highly intelligent, personable and engaging. She is a graduate student at the Institute of World Politics in Washington DC and also teaches at one of the local universities in Maryland. […]
I love exchanging messages with my friends in foreign lands, however there are going to be occasional problems in translation. Today I sent a response to a friend in Russia who was discussing a US Presidential Executive Order from President Kennedy. I enjoy learning about American history and found EO 11110 was not an attempt […]