- RSS Channel Showcase 3402116
- RSS Channel Showcase 1207390
- RSS Channel Showcase 4201024
- RSS Channel Showcase 2903942
Articles on this Page
- 02/09/17--18:05: _Russian Information...
- 02/09/17--18:30: _Corps Wants 12K Mor...
- 02/10/17--12:53: _We Are In A War Of ...
- 02/10/17--14:50: _How Do We Fight A W...
- 02/11/17--08:21: _Baghdad Ten Years A...
- 02/16/17--16:23: _Spotlight: Deputy N...
- 02/17/17--04:36: _Time for an ‘inform...
- 02/17/17--05:31: _The Rise of the Wea...
- 02/17/17--08:46: _Sean Adl-Tabatabai ...
- 02/17/17--19:36: _Baghdad Ten Years A...
- 02/09/17--18:30: Corps Wants 12K More Marines to Boost Cyber, Info Ops, ISR
- 02/10/17--12:53: We Are In A War Of Ideas
- 02/10/17--14:50: How Do We Fight A War Of Ideas?
- 02/11/17--08:21: Baghdad Ten Years Ago: 11 FEB 07
- 02/17/17--04:36: Time for an ‘information Manhattan Project’
- 02/17/17--05:31: The Rise of the Weaponized AI Propaganda Machine
- 02/17/17--08:46: Sean Adl-Tabatabai on being in the eye of the ‘fake news’ storm
- 02/17/17--19:36: Baghdad Ten Years Ago: 17 FEB 07
9th February 2017 Download publication file (2.53 MB) Editors Dr. Vladimir Sazonov, M.A. Kristiina Müür and Dr. Holger Mölder Authors Dr. Vladimir Sazonov, Dr. Holger Mölder, M.A. Kristiina Müür, Prof. Dr. Pille Pruulmann-Vengerfeldt, M.A. Igor Kopõtin, COL (ret.) Aarne Ermus, MAJ Karl Salum, CPT Andrei Šlabovitš, Dr. Viljar Veebel and Dr. René Värk Leader of… Continue reading Russian Information Campaign Against the Ukrainian State and Defence Forces
It’s not quite the 36 infantry battalions that President Donald Trump has cited, but the Marine Corps is asking Congress for its biggest force increase in nearly a decade. The assistant commandant of the Marine Corps, Gen. Glenn Walters, asked lawmakers Wednesday for 194,000 troops — a 12,000-Marine increase from the current force strength of… Continue reading Corps Wants 12K More Marines to Boost Cyber, Info Ops, ISR
Why Information Is More Important Than Cyber I speak with reporters almost every day, they want to know about the Russian hacking. I tell them, quite plainly, Russia hacked us, they’re still hacking us, and they will continue to hack us. We can only stop a percentage, the network administrators are only human. They need to… Continue reading We Are In A War Of Ideas
First, we need a “National Information Strategy”. Making a great strategy takes time, so that effort must start immediately. Any and all maneuvering in the information space must fit within the limits stated there. Next, we need to establish Measures of Effectiveness or MOE. A combination of academics, practitioners, policy wonks, and corporate experts must… Continue reading How Do We Fight A War Of Ideas?
WEEK 13 – 11 Feb 07 Last Chance From half way around the world, most of the US pundits and politicians are saying this is the last chance. At times, all of the negativity can be distracting and, if one is not mindful, even demoralizing. Whether it is Iraq’s last chance is up in the… Continue reading Baghdad Ten Years Ago: 11 FEB 07
Dear Mr. President, Attention: the future National Security Advisor For the past eight years, the position of Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications was not filled properly and was not executed, almost not at all. As a result, the Strategic Communications community and capabilities of the United States suffered. This came at a tremendous cost… Continue reading Spotlight: Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications
Major General Lawlor brings up a good idea, an ‘information Manhattan Project’, but he only teases at the concept. We have only just begun to grasp the wide range and depth of the ideas we must not only recognize, but to perceive, determine response options, do the proper planning, coordinate and synchronize responses, and then… Continue reading Time for an ‘information Manhattan Project’
There’s a new automated propaganda machine driving global politics. How it works and what it will mean for the future of democracy. BERIT ANDERSON AND BRETT HORVATH ILLUSTRATION BY CODY FITZGERALD “This is a propaganda machine. It’s targeting people individually to recruit them to an idea. It’s a level of social engineering that I’ve never… Continue reading The Rise of the Weaponized AI Propaganda Machine
Full disclosure: I had a small number of UK reporters contact me regarding my blog: “Russian Proxy “News” Site Exposed: YourNewsWire“, asking for my opinion, doing research on Sean Adl-Tabatabai. I simply can’t remember if this reporter spoke with me or not. It’s been 18 months since I wrote that blog and I still stand by my… Continue reading Sean Adl-Tabatabai on being in the eye of the ‘fake news’ storm
WEEK 14 – 17 Feb 07: Say Something The following is a true story. The names were changed to protect the guilty. Last September, Mike and Barbara dropped off their oldest daughter, Jan, at college near Houston some two hundred miles from home. They unloaded the car, set up Jan’s dorm room, had lunch and… Continue reading Baghdad Ten Years Ago: 17 FEB 07